Friday 19 August 2011

18/08/11 - North Esk

Two Tone
Time - 16.00-20.00
Water - Targets coming in very cloudy (see picture), river didnt look too enticing below its confluence. Although upstream was quite clear, though with cloudiness increasing throughout day.
Where - Wooden Bridge up to Low Pond
Weather - A big cloudburst from 3-3.30pm swelled and upset the river a bit
Method - Silver mepp size 2
Total - 3
Species - Brown Trout
Size - 6 - 8.5 inches
I took this picture just below the confluence with the Targets stream. The cloudy half is the Targets stream and the clearer water is the main river. Quite interesting. I hadnt really thought before that the river at the point where I took the photo is so precisely split between the two incoming waters. Usually a difference isnt visible, but is there, but when the two streams are differently coloured its so obvious.
The first fish I caught was yet another 8.5 incher making them 5 of my last 7 fish. Hopefully not all the same game fish. I waded from the Wooden Bridge up to Telfords (again nothing doing at the bottom end). Notably I found a scythe in the water!!!! I then rejoined the river at the waterfall at the Serpy. The pool at the foot of the waterfall was too turbulent with the amount of water, by this time I'm pretty sure the main river was rising due to all the earlier rain. It was also clouding over by this point and would be completely cloudy by the time I stopped.
Fished here and there up to the stretch above the weir at the Low Pond with mixed success. A few bites, typically a bit bigger than normal, but thats probably due to being later in the year. Water was just a bit high and too cloudy by the time I stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment