Monday 3 October 2011

30/09/11 - Union Canal


Dangerous business
Time - 17.00 - 18.00
Water - Cloudyish, quite like coffee
Where - M9 trunk road basin
Weather - Dull and breezy
Methods - Worm/float & pike lure
Total - 0



Whilst still awaiting ultimate success at this excellent looking spot, I had a hankering after some worm action. So with a tub of worms I set off in search of a Perch or whatever else would take the bait. Whilst chucking the worm out I also pursued a pike with my £9.99 pike lure. There was a fair amount of  leaf litter and suchlike so I was often catching leaves and grass with the spinner. And thats about as exciting as the lure report goes.

The worm had just as much (or as little) action. Was hoping for an angry perch to get involved, but not to be. There were the odd bubble or two, although I'd strongly suspect they were simply gas bubbles. But there was some activity in the surface from really small fish, flapping or semi-rising. Despite being very sure the limited commotion was from fish, I was unable in the light & reflection to see and/or ID these little blighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment