Saturday 24 March 2012

22/03/2012 - North Esk

Best of the Eskmill pools
Time - 1630 - 1800
Where - Eskmill - Ele's Hole
Weather - Lovely but cooling down
Water - Summer levels, clear
Method - Mepp no 2 & bread
Total - 0

I effectively employed an upstream fishing method on this day. A couple of years ago I fished this stretch and concluded it was dead. Then last season I had great success a bit later in the season with a decent average size. But it was back to blanking with no interest at all. Saying this, once conditions hot up, I'm sure many of the wee pools and lies along here will produce nice fish again.

I also came across a pickaxe which is a river debris first.

I fished the right bank at the Ele's Hole and comprehensively covered the pool. But to no avail. I had however anticipated such an eventuality and brought along a couple of floats and some bread. I was confident that on opening day, although the water levels weren't conducive to the mepp, bread would be successful. So I was ready to give it a try

Wrong. I gave it a decent shot and baited up two slices worth, but there wasn't anything interested in meeting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment