Thursday 5 April 2012

04/04/2012 - Loch Lochy

Looking down the loch to the south
Time - 1300-1400
Where - Bay 1 mile south of Laggan Locks
Water - Low, clear
Weather - Cloudy, fresh
Method - Weighted maggots on the bottom & size 3 mepp on wire trace
Total - 0

Initially I intended having a try in the bay at the head of the Loch, but on inspection was probably a bit shallow so I decided to move down the shore to seek somewhere a bit better. Stopping at a layby about a mile down I decided to chuck out some weighted maggots on one rod whilst having a spin either side. I put the maggots out in the bay where a small stream enters and baited up a bit. I built a rod rest of rocks up and the rod was precariously balanced on top in the form of a primitive bite alarm so that if I got any interest at all the rod would fall onto the ground and alert me. Alack there was to be no action on the maggots.
View to the western shore

In the meantime I fished with a mepp no 3/blue spots around the bay and headland in a northerly direction before returning to the maggot rod and fishing south of it for a bit. Nothing was tempted.

The water was exceedingly clear so visibility wasn't a problem for the fish which weren't in the mood. I did spot the surface being broken a handful of times at about the extent of casting distance but not from anything of any obviously large size.



No comments:

Post a Comment